Recycled aggregates are making an increasingly important contribution to sustainable construction. Stevenson can work with you to provide a closed loop solution to recycling, receiving materials for crushing and screening and producing aggregates for reuse on the same projects where practical.
RECYCLED AGGREGATE OPTIONS PRODUCED AT DRURY QUARRY.
FOR USE IN CONCRETE PRODUCTION
- RCA (sizes made to order) – Recycled concrete aggregate – produced by crushing and screening demolition concrete
- CCA (sizes made to order) – Crushed concrete aggregate – produced by crushing and screening leftover concrete from the readymix industry which has been left to harden.
Greenstar Ratings and Sustainable USES of recycled aggregates
These products (RCA and CCA) are supplied to readymix concrete producers as a component of ‘green’ or ‘sustainable’ concrete’ or otherwise known as RAC recycled aggregate concrete. This can be used to achieve ‘Greenstar’ points in the certification of Greenstar rated buildings.
FOR POTENTIAL USE IN SUBGRADE /HARDFILLS / HARDSTAND / BUILDING PLATFORMS /FOOTPATH BASE
- DQW40 – A general all passing 40mm hardfill. Produced by mixing a DQ 40 with a small portion of leftover readymix waste concrete which has been left to dry. This product contains residual cement, and high specification concrete aggregates. Benefit: more workable product during compaction.
- CCB –(RMA) – Recycled Masonry Aggregate – An AP20 or AP10 size recycled product made by crushing and screening masonry block and concrete pavers. This product contains high specification masonry aggregates, pumice fines and residual cement, which are all components of masonry block manufacture. Suitable as a lightweight fill material, footpath base.
- CC65 – An AP65 – Crushed recycled demolition concrete
- CC40 – An AP40 – Crushed recycled demolition concrete
- FRA – Fine Recycled Aggregate – Fines generated during production of above products ( i.e RCA manufacture and CCA)
Please Note: The above products are subject to availability of source materials. Please enquire about volumes before ordering.